Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Guinea Program Canceled :-(

Hello all,

I just got word yesterday from Peace Corps that the Guinea program was completely canceled. BOO!Guinea closed their borders due to the political situation from their first democratic election that happened on November 7th.

At first I was upset it was completely canceled because, once again, I was unsure where I was going to be doing my service. But after a few minutes I am extremely thankful to the Peace Corps for looking out for our safety. I have to admit, I was a little timid knowing I was going to be living in a country with an unstable government for over 2 years.

Peace Corps said someone should be contacting me by Friday to place me in a new assignment. The new assignment could be in Africa again or another part of the world. I am soo excited to find out where I'm going next (and hopefully last!) haha. But "It is what it is!"

Patience is a virtue.

Check back soon for an update on where I am reassigned to! Also, be aware that I will probably be changing my blog address to: http://HeatherSiegmund.blogspot.com.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment