Thursday, November 11, 2010

21 Days.... Yeah, that's 3 weeks

It's been awhile since I have posted. I apologize. I've attempted to post a hundred times since my last one, but there is so much I could write about that I get overwhelmed and say forget it. So if there is anything in particular you would like me to post about, please feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment. I would be happy to write about it! And please send me any questions you may have!

Today marks exactly 21 days until I leave for Guinea, West Africa. Am I scared? Hell yeah. Am I excited? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! I am way more excited than I am nervous! I've met approximately 14 of 48 people in my training group so far and all of them are AWESOME! I can already tell I'm going to make some life long friends while on this amazing journey. I cannot wait to meet them in Philly on December 2nd!

I guess I could give you all an itinerary of what my next 3 weeks look like and my travels to Guinea:
Today-December 1: STUDY FRENCH!!! STUDY FRENCH!!!
November 15-19: Get the rest of the items on my 3 page packing list.
November 20: My going away party with friends and family
November 22-26: Get some good quality sister time in with Mandi! She will be home from college for Thanksgiving break!
November 23: Celebrate my dad's 50th birthday! :-)
November 25: Thanksgiving!
November 26 & 27: Hit the town with my friends one last time!
November 28-30: Spend time with family.
December 2: Fly to Philidelphia for Peace Corps Staging (aka: orientation). Staging is from 12-7pm
December 3: Get vaccinations, then hop on a bus to JFK airport. Depart for Guinea at 6:05pm.
December 4: Arrive in Guinea at 7:00pm

I will post my packing list I've been trying to dominate the past few weeks so you all can get an idea of the things I am bringing with me on my 2 year journey to Africa!

Happy Veteran's Day to all the women and men who have and are currently serving our country. THANK YOU!!!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment