Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Waiting Game is About Over, FINALLY! : )

This is my first post to this blog. I'm still figuring out how everything works in the blogging world. But for now I'm going to give you a timeline of how my application process has went up to this point!

Application Timeline
August 26th, 2009-nominated into the Peace Corps for Business Advising geared toward youth-serving in Central/South America or the Caribbeans.
November 2009-submitted all my medical records
January 2010-dental records were cleared
May 15th, 2010-I was contacted by medical records. They told me I had to get a couple more tests done before they could medically clear me to serve
June 2010-I was medically cleared to serve
June 28th 2010-deadline for program I was nominated into (business advising in Central/South America) Did not receive invitation by then : (
Early July 2010-I contacted me placement officer's assistant. She told me I should hear something within the next 2 weeks. Didn't happen. Called her again after 2 weeks. Told me I should hear something in the next 2 weeks. Didn't happen again. Starting to get anxious.
Aug 5th 2010- I was contacted by email from my placement officer stating I had missed my program deadline (meaning I did not receive and invitation by June 28th) and that she would be contacting me in the next 2-4 weeks to discuss further program options and that I should be flexible on where I want to go and what I want to do since I have missed this deadline.
Sept 1 2010-called placement officer because I had not heard from her. An hour later received an email from her stating she was considering me for a Francophone Sub-Saharan African (West Africa), but all this depended on my willingness to learn French and a final assessment of my application. Set up phone appointment with placement officer to do final assessment.
Sept 10th 2010 8:30am-had phone appt with placement officer. She asked me a few questions regarding my willingness to learn French, told me VERY little bit about my job title, and then went on to ask me a few more questions. At the end of the conversation she told me she was going to be putting an invitation in the mail that day and I should receive it in 2-3 business days.
Sept 14 2010-sitting here, EAGERLY awaiting my invitation inviting me to serve in Peace Corps Africa, which will tell me exactly what date I will be leaving and what country in Africa I will be serving in!

More to come when I get my inviation in the mail! (hopefully I will receive it today!!)

That's all for now,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment